2022 August 27 / Yu
5 Ways for Seniors to Keep Busy
Regardless of your interests, there’s no shortage of activities to fill your days this summer. Here are 10 suggestions Chateau Glengarry made to get you started.
- GET BACK TO NATURE The thing about the outdoors is that there are many ways to enjoy it. Birdwatch in your backyard, stroll through the woods or bike around the countryside. Alternatively, enjoy a picnic in the park or pack your fishing rod and spend a weekend camping by the lake.
- HOST A GAME NIGHT Your options are as numerous as they are varied. Keep your mind sharp as you roll the dice, shuffle the cards or test your trivia knowledge. You can teach your grandchildren a game that’s new to them or organize a regular board game night with friends.
- MOVE YOUR BODY From golfing to gardening, opportunities to engage in physical activity during the summer are plentiful. You can also join a walking club or sign up for a yoga, tai chi or water aerobics class. Often, these group courses are offered outside when the weather’s nice and can be adapted if you have reduced mobility.
- PLAN A CULTURAL OUTING Treat yourself to a night out at the theatre or take in a concert. If you want to spend an afternoon with your grandkids, head to the movies or visit a museum. Remember, summer is a prime time for all sorts of festivals and local events.
- EXPLORE YOUR ARTISTIC SIDE Whether you prefer painting, photography, knitting or playing a musical instrument, there are numerous ways to get creative. Activities like scrapbooking and sculpting sandcastles allow you to combine creativity and spending time with your family.
Chateau Glengarry offers relaxed, safe, AFFORDABLE and comfortable retirement living and respite care in a beautiful setting in Eastern Ontario. For more information or to book a tour, call Diane at 613-525-4440 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
105 St. Paul Street, Alexandria ON
Live life to the fullest at Chateau Glengarry